Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Keeping a new color manageable
#1
I have booked my first proper color appointment, and I am trying to arrive with a useful description instead of a heavily edited photo. The hair I have now is a fairly ordinary brown and my skin is fair, so I am considering a cooler change rather than a bright copper or golden blonde. Most of the examples I saved were photographed in very flattering light. I cannot tell which of those shades would still look balanced when I am outside or under office lighting. I want to narrow the choice to a couple of shades. Regular root maintenance would be difficult for me to schedule. I am using cool summer hair color ideas as vocabulary for the consultation, not as a strict rule about what I should choose. Should I bring more than one shade reference to the appointment? I can take pictures in natural light, but I am unsure how much to trust a phone camera's color balance. The cut itself will remove several inches, so I would rather make the color decision thoughtfully than change everything at once. A small test seems easier to evaluate than a dramatic leap. If you have made a similar first change, what did you ask your stylist before mixing color? I am especially interested in how you weighed everyday lighting, upkeep and the condition of your own hair.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)